Monday, February 13, 2006

02/13: ARGH...my kids!

They are driving me nuts! We're snowed in and, while I normally wouldn't mind, I've had a rough few weeks. My best friend's mother committed suicide last week, my husband has been traveling like a lunatic, and the latest tragedy is his father being rushed to the ER and it's not looking good. Add 20+ inches of snow and being trapped with two rammy kids and I become rather cranky.

Now, I recognize that this seems to be a theme in my life/blog but I'm really a nice person. Usually nice, anyway. Just not during January/February/March. I hate the cold, hate the kids being stuck indoors, hate the constant noise of computer games or the telvision and I despretely miss my gardens.

I've given up the battle with my kids over the Game Cube, computer games, and television. I'm going to chalk these months up as complete lost causes with little to no contribution to spatial brain development for the three year old and similar intelligent design over the 7 year old. I'm a loser mother right now and I just have to suck it up because my work load and lack of physical presence by their dad is hindering me from being Ma Ingalls to these kids right now. I suppose they'll turn out OK...

Of course, we're trapped today and my husband is battling the airports to get to his dad and I have the munchkins plus I seem to be acquiring more throughout the day. I just wrote this long post for the blog and the doorbell ringt where I lose one munchkin but gained another. As I answer the door and turn back to the computer, my son is gleefully sitting there with his buddy. WHAT???!!! They erased my entire posting AND the new kid is hungry b/c his mom didn't feed him lunch. ARGGGH! I just shut the damn kitchen and cleaned up. I'm not a short order cook.

All I want to do is get caught up on grading papers and class prep and paint the family room. Is that too much to ask? I cannot even get to the paint store to buy the paint.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do I sound trite when I say these are the best years of your life with your kids so enjoy them? Easier said than done some days...take pictures so you can look back and remember. HOpe you get dug out....had at shovel 12" here. FUN!