Wednesday, February 08, 2006

02/08: Corrupt Faculty Member

I'm really ticked off today. I just found out that one of the "pet" faculty members at my school has been sending bills to the college for tutoring his own students. This really angers me and I cannot believe that the dean is not terminating this guy. Can you imagine? That's your JOB to teach these students...you don't get paid extra because you are doing such a crappy job in the classroom that the students need a tutor! If I don't explain something properly or if my student needs help, I help that student. I spend the time to help the student understand the concepts or assignments. Can you imagine charging the school $20/hour for this? It's not like he received permission or referred the students to the tutoring center. He just did it on his own.

What a crock of crap! It makes me so angry because I go above and beyond the call of duty for my students (at least those that make an attempt). I keep hearing about budgets and money then I hear this???? I'm really angry...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am mad for you. What a load of SH__. How can they not fire this fellow???This is what makes teachers look really bad and naot professional. I am really angry too....