Friday, January 04, 2008

01/04/08: The Righteous

It's interesting how righteous people can be. In the past few weeks, I have come to grips with what happened and I realize that I am who I am. I have never tried to conform to others ideals and I've always been a bit off the wall. The limo incident was not out of the ordinary but the woman's reaction was. Having known her for 14 years, I can honestly say that she's off her rocker on this one. I've always been known for zany adventures and wildness. When I told her that her daughter was coming home by limo, what the hell did she think? That I was teetotalling at the holiday party? No. DUH....!

Not to mention that she has become the righteous, trying to save my soul. It is a mission for her. And she can sleep well at night knowing that she is a good Catholic...albeit one who threatened to kill me and trespassed in my home.

No. I feel much better about this situation. She can take the higher ground and put on her righteous face. But she will be judged by the very standard by which she judges. What comes around, goes around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting story. At present, many limo rental operators use classic automobiles, which either offer their clients a chance to ride in a luxurious Rolls-Royce, Mercedes Benz, Bentley, Town Car or stretched Hummer SU type. Some of these limo models even have the driver's compartment uncovered, which kind of goes back to the old days when horse-drawn carriages ruled the roads. Some innovative himo hire operators have even capitalized by converting almost any vehicle imaginable, from Lincoln Navigator SUVs to Mini Coopers, BMW's, off-road trucks and SUV's, all in an effort to lure potential clients and please to most fickle of showbiz personalities. Some rental services even go to great lengths to use cars which were never even meant for the streets.