Thursday, June 28, 2007

06/28/07: Stupent Alert...

OK, so this chick in my Sales Management class is singing the blues because she's an A student and she earned a C- in my class. Her writing was worse than my 4th graders and she couldn't string two thoughts together if her life depended on it. In fact, one paper was so poorly written that I had to read it three times to recognize it AS a paper!

This time, I hunted down her two previous professors to find out the story as to why she received As. One comments that her writing stunk. My response? Then why did you give her an A?

"Oh, I didn't...I gave her an A-."

What the hell is that? An A- for an adult learner who doesn't use commas, uses Google search engine results as sources, and doesn't include page numbers (forget about the actual assignment!)? It's not the students who are lame...it's the friggin' instructors who fear being fired for giving the students...cough cough...the CUSTOMER the grade earned.

No comments: