Saturday, January 21, 2006

01/21: Wintersession Ends Today!

Whoopee! I'm finished with my stupents today! Of course nothing is easy. I'm sitting here hashing out grades over my morning coffee (kids plopped in front of TV and husband fending for himself to forage for food). It came to my attention that WHOA! Three students weren't logging into Blackboard enough nor were they contributing to the learning community. BTW, these are GRADUATE stupents so there is no excuse.

My husband walks by when he hears my gleeful exclamation, "This chick didn't post one damn thing during week two! Man, I'm flunking her butt!"

"Why are you so mean?" he has the nerve to say. "Maybe she couldn't get into the class or something came up. You know, they have other responsibilities."

My head almost did a 360 on my neck and I thought I'd start spewing green crap all over the place. Who the heck was this moron, standing across the counter who spoke those wicked words? Clearly it wasn't MY husband or he'd know better.

"Oh, so should I just give Kia a friggin' A because she had other responsibilities...unlike Meri, Maria, Pam, and the other four students who logged in everyday AND posted? I bet they didn't have other responsibilites like family, work, life, right? Kia didn't post one thing for one third of the class and Pam posted TWENTY-TWO times in just one week? Should I forgive Kia and slap that A on her grade report? I bet that would piss off Pam if she found out that all of her hard work earned her the same grade as little Miss No-Show. I'm sure glad YOU aren't teaching these classes. The future leaders of our country would be whiney little babies who take no responsibility for crapola because you want to give everyone who cries to you an A!"

He mumbled something about Xanax and it being 8am as he wandered away. What the hell is wrong with these friggin' people?

No comments: